Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lifelong learning

The easiest part of the journey of life long learning is being curious and having the desire to do new things. By far the most difficult part is having the energy and time to become good at something. The next big problem deals with guidance. Creating music with a PC and a small assortment of equipment is the perfect example for me of both sides of this issue. My desire to make music using modern technology is very strong. This has allowed me to put a lot of time into it in the past couple of years even when time was hard to come by. Guidance has been more of a roadblock. I have taught myself quite a bit, but I have no doubt that I have avoided areas that I did not understand and simply have tried to minimize the liabilty the ignorance has caused

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you seen the iPhone band? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLRLr1P_cNk&feature=related

Glenn A. Parker said...

Love your attitude and your music. Based on my own personal experience and hobbies, you can definitely enhance your knowledge by teaching others.

Julia said...

What ping said is true - teach a few musicians your loops, and they can approach it with a new angle. Didi, we are currently advocating a theremin app be added to the iphone (I love the iphone band).

BC said...

i too think that music listening, collecting, and mixing is the creative part of your life. i waited till my phone came with a mp3 so that i can only have one kind of technology on the go.